Show Date: Friday, June 3, 2022, 9:00 a.m. – 11:00am
Audition Dates and Times: Auditions will take place the week of May 23-27, in your classroom. The top two acts from each class will be forwarded for approval to administration.
Mandatory Dress Rehearsal: Wednesday, June 1, in the MPR, 2:00 1st-3rd grade, 3:00 4th-6th grade.
Once your child has finished their run-through, they will be excused.
REQUIREMENTS: At the time of the audition, AND rehearsal you must:
- Have your completed TALENT SHOW APPLICATION with you.
- Wear or bring any costume you will be wearing during your performance. All students must be in Copper Hills and CUSD Dress Code, or will be referred to our GIS for approval. If you do not have your outfit at the time of your audition, you will have to perform in your regular school clothes during the talent show.
- Bring lyrics written out to any song you will be singing or any song you will be using that has lyrics that will be heard. (For example: if you’re dancing to a piece of music with words on the recording, we need a copy of the words.) Lyrics must be appropriate for a K-6 audience.
- Have your act memorized and rehearsed. Incomplete or unrehearsed acts will not be put in the show. We need you to show us your act-not tell us what you’ll be doing. (Note: Those playing a musical instrument may use music.)
- Make sure your act is no longer than two minutes.
- Each student may only be in one act.
- The stage is hardwood, so tumbling acts may not be safe for our show.
- If two or more people prepare the same vocal pieces, they will have the chance to choose another song to sing for the show or sing a duet, trio, etc. with those who have chosen the same song.
- If you have any questions, please contact Tim Douty at 559-327-6300 or [email protected]..